A recent study showed that healthy eating increases life expectancy by adding 10 years! What to offer a daily menu rich in fruits and vegetables, fish, raw nuts, antioxidants and more. If you are looking for a healthy recipe that is prepared easily and quickly, we have a great proposal for you. What about a good pea soup to treat yourself to with a light dish full of vitamins? Read on to discover our 4 delicious ideas to prepare in two steps and three moves!
Thermomix pea soup
Nothing like a shoulder recipe with thermomix to treat you effortlessly after a long day. On the program today: peas, smoked bacon and potatoes. Let’s go!
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 180 gr minced onion in four parts
- 5 g rosemary (leaves only)
- 20 g garlic
- 1300 ml hot tap water + additional 400 ml
- 2 teaspoons pastry with vegetable juice
- 500 g chopped smoked bacon
- 200 g diced potatoes
- 700 gr of frozen peas
Place the onion, rosemary and garlic in your thermomix container and simmer for 3 seconds at speed 9. Then add 1300 ml of water as well as the vegetable juice paste. Place the steam basket and place the smoked bacon cut into it. Pour 200 ml of extra water into the bowl and cook for 50 minutes at 100 degrees and speed 3.
Remove the steam basket and set the bacon aside. Add the potatoes to the broth and cook for 20 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 2. Meanwhile, with a fork and tongs to remove the meat from the bones. Then add the peas to the soup and add the remaining 200 ml of hot water. Cook for 7 minutes / speed 2. Stir the soup for two minutes, starting at speed 3 and going to speed 9. Turn the bacon into soup.
Peas and mint
Need an idea for a fresh dish that smells good in the summer? That’s why pea and mint soup is made for you. And here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 25 grams of butter
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups (750 grams) fresh peeled peas (or frozen peas)
- 1 cup (75 grams) mint leaves, cut into thick pieces
- 1 liter of vegetable juice
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 75 grams of freshly ground parmesan
Method of preparation:
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan. Then add the onion and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until soft but not fried. Keep stirring so that the onion does not burn. Add the garlic and cook for three minutes, stirring. Next, add the following ingredients: 3 3/4 cup (562 g) peas, 2 3/4 cup (750 ml) broth and mint leaves. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Once the soup is cooked, transfer about 3/4 of its amount to your blender bowl (do not overfill it) and mix until you get a thick puree. Put back in the pan, salt, pepper and add the rest of the peas and broth. Cook for 5 minutes and make sure the added vegetables are well cooked.
To serve, first grind a small amount of parmesan cheese in the center of a slightly warmed bowl. Pour hot broth around the cheese and sprinkle with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Pea and zucchini soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 3 cups vegetable soup
- . Teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, finely chopped
1. First heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add in the onion as well as the garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
2. Add zucchini, potatoes, juice and salt. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
3. Then add the peas, lemon peel and mint and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the peas come to the surface.
4. When the soup is ready, mix and serve on top of the mint leaves and cracked black pepper.
Cold Pea and Saffron Soup Recipe
Here’s a gourmet idea for a cold shoulder recipe to counteract the summer heat in the near future! Take the following ingredients:
- 1 minced yellow onion
- 1 packet (about 280 g) frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable juice
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- . Teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- . Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- . Teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Instructions for preparation:
Fry the onion with the thyme for about five minutes. Then add the garlic and turmeric and sauté for another minute. Next, transfer this mixture to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the peas and the selected juice. Stir until smooth and soft. Garnish with a little olive oil and fresh minced dill.