What is harmful to cats?

There are many things that can be harmful to cats. Here are a few examples:

Certain plants, such as lilies, can be toxic to cats if ingested.
Many human medications, such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen, can be poisonous to cats.
Chocolate and other caffeinated foods can be toxic to cats.
Cat toys and other small objects can be a choking hazard or cause intestinal blockages if ingested.
Flea and tick prevention products designed for dogs can be harmful to cats, as they are often more toxic to cats than to dogs.
It’s important to keep these and other potential hazards out of reach of your cat to ensure their safety. If you think your cat may have ingested something that could be harmful, you should contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center for advice.

Learn more: Healthful recipes for cats

Here are a few more things that can be harmful to cats:

Onions and garlic can cause anemia in cats if ingested in large quantities.
Many cleaning products and household chemicals, such as bleach and detergents, can be toxic to cats if ingested or if they come into contact with the skin.
Rodenticides (rat poison) and other pesticides can be harmful to cats if ingested.
Some outdoor plants, such as rhododendrons and azaleas, can be toxic to cats if ingested.
Certain types of fish, such as salmon and trout, can contain parasites that can cause a disease called “fish disease” in cats if the fish is not cooked properly before feeding it to the cat.
It’s important to be aware of these potential hazards and take steps to keep your cat safe. If you are concerned that your cat may have been exposed to something that could be harmful, you should contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center for advice.

There are many things that can be harmful to cats, including certain plants, human medications, chocolate and caffeinated foods, small objects, flea and tick prevention products for dogs, onions and garlic, cleaning products and household chemicals, rodenticides and other pesticides, and certain types of uncooked fish. It is important to keep these and other potential hazards out of reach of your cat to ensure their safety. If you think your cat may have ingested something that could be harmful, or if you are concerned that they may have been exposed to something that could be harmful, you should contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center for advice.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*