- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large head of cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to your preference
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large stockpot, cook the chopped bacon over medium-high heat until it turns crispy. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté until the onions become caramelized, which should take approximately another 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced cabbage to the pot, stirring it into the onion and bacon mixture. Continue to cook and stir for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season the mixture with salt, ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and a dash of paprika.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and let it cook for about 30 more minutes, stirring occasionally.