There’s something undeniably comforting about a homemade Chicken Pot Pie. It’s a dish that wraps you up in warmth and nostalgia with every bite. This classic recipe is a timeless treasure, perfect for those chilly evenings when you crave something hearty and satisfying.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked chicken or shredded turkey
- 1 can (10 ounces) of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 box (14.1 ounces) of refrigerated Pillsbury™ pie crusts (2 crusts), softened as directed on the box
Step 1: Create the Roux
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook until the mixture bubbles; then remove from heat.
Step 2: Add Liquids
- Stir in the chicken broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Once boiling, cook and stir for 1 minute. Fold in the chicken, peas, and carrots. Remove from heat.
Step 3: Assemble the Pie
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Roll out one pie crust into a 13-inch square and fit it into an ungreased 9-inch glass baking dish. Pour the chicken mixture into the crust-lined dish.
Step 4: Top and Decorate
- Roll out the remaining pie crust into an 11-inch square. Cut out designs with a 1-inch cookie cutter if desired. Place the square over the filling, arranging the cutouts on top. Tuck the edges of the top crust under the bottom crust edge and flute the edges.
Step 5: Bake to Perfection
- Bake for about 36 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Serving Up Comfort
This Chicken Pot Pie is more than just a meal; it’s a comforting embrace on a plate. The flaky crust, the creamy filling, and the tender chunks of chicken come together to create a symphony of flavors that’s both satisfying and soul-soothing.
So, roll out your dough, and let’s bring some comfort to the table. This Chicken Pot Pie promises to be a crowd-pleaser, perfect for family dinners or when you need a little extra warmth