- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced green apple, peeled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the Streusel Topping:
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or apply a non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare the Batter: In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until blended well.
- Dry Ingredients: Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder until just combined. Gently fold in the diced apple and your choice of nuts.
- Transfer to Pan: Pour the prepared batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Make the Streusel Topping: In a separate bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients. Use a fork or pastry cutter to work the ingredients until the mixture becomes crumbly. Evenly sprinkle this over the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake: Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The internal temperature should be 200°F when fully cooked.
- Cool and Glaze: Allow the bread to cool before removing it from the pan.
- Prepare Vanilla Glaze: Whisk together the melted butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle this glaze over the cooled bread.
- Serve and Store: Slice the bread and serve. Store any remaining slices in an airtight container.