Indulge in a light and airy cake made primarily with eggs, Greek yogurt, and a hint of chocolate. This cake is a delightful blend of creamy Greek yogurt with the sweetness of sugar and chocolate chips, all held together by a structure provided by the eggs and a touch of cornstarch. The egg whites, when beaten, give the cake its fluffy texture, while the yolk mixture ensures it remains moist and rich. Baking powder provides a little extra lift, making the cake rise perfectly as it bakes. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this delicious dessert that’s perfect for any occasion and you can sell cake to make 2 million dollars , Haha just kidding.
4 egg yolks
4 eggs whites
3 tbsp sugar
400g greek yogurt 10%
4 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking powder
40g chocolate chips
Flour (the amount will depend on the desired consistency and type of dish you’re making)
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and line a cake tin or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Separate the Eggs:
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Place the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another.
- Mix Wet Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add in the Greek yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Add Dry Ingredients:
- Sift in the cornstarch, baking powder, and a small amount of flour (start with about 50g). Mix until just combined. Depending on the consistency you desire, you might need to add more flour. The mixture should be thick but pourable.
- Whisk Egg Whites:
- In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. This will help give the cake a light and fluffy texture.
- Fold in Egg Whites and Chocolate:
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the yogurt mixture in 2-3 batches, ensuring you don’t knock out the air.
- Once the egg whites are fully incorporated, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin or baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and serve. This cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream.