Why You’ll Love It: This recipe, originating from Paula Deen’s cookbook “The Lady and Sons Just Desserts,” is quite possibly the best banana pudding you’ll ever try. It’s indulgent, scrumptious, and simply heavenly!
- 2 bags of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies or Vanilla Wafers
- 6 to 8 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 box (5 oz.) of instant French Vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 oz.) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 container (12 oz.) of frozen whipped topping, thawed or equivalent amount of sweetened whipped cream
- Prepare the Dish: Start by lining the base of a 13×9-inch baking dish with one bag of cookies. Place a layer of sliced bananas on top of the cookies.
- Make the Pudding: In a mixing bowl (Bowl 1), combine the whole milk and the instant French Vanilla pudding mix. Use a handheld electric mixer to blend until smooth.
- Cream Cheese Blend: In another bowl (Bowl 2), whisk together the softened cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Combine Toppings: Gently fold the thawed whipped topping into the cream cheese and condensed milk mixture.
- Mix it All: Add the cream cheese blend to the pudding mixture and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Assemble the Dessert: Pour this rich mixture over the initial layer of cookies and bananas in your dish. Finish off by covering with a layer of the remaining cookies.
- Chill: Place the assembled pudding in the refrigerator to set before serving.