Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Category: Main Course
Diet: Gluten-Free Option (substitute flour with a gluten-free alternative)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour (use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 (14 oz.) can fire-roasted red bell peppers
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Place flour in a large bowl. Toss beef in the flour until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Working in batches, brown the beef on all sides. Set aside once browned.
- In the same pot, add the diced shallot. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add fire-roasted bell peppers, tomato paste, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Return the browned beef to the pot, stirring to combine and to deglaze the pot, picking up the flavorful bits from the bottom.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with kosher salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot, ladled into bowls, accompanied by crusty bread for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Note: For a gluten-free version of this hearty stew, substitute regular flour with a gluten-free alternative and ensure that all other ingredients used are gluten-free.
Enjoy this heartwarming Rustic Beef Stew, perfect for cozy evenings or as a comforting meal for the family!