* 3 pounds baby back ribs 2 slabs
* 2 onions sliced
* 4 cloves garlic sliced
Rib rub (optional):
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
* ¾ teaspoon onion powder
* ½ teaspoon black pepper
* ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
* ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
* ½ cup BBQ Sauce
* ½ cup chili sauce or additional BBQ sauce
* ¼ cup ketchup
* Preheat the oven to 275°F. Mix together Rib Rub ingredients if using.
* Remove the white membrane from the back side of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should pull off easily. Pat the ribs dry and check for little bone shards or pieces.
* Season the ribs with salt and pepper or sprinkle generously with the rub and massage it into the ribs.
* Place ribs on a foil-lined tray, the meaty side down, and cover with sliced onion and garlic.
* Cover & seal with another piece of foil.
* Bake ribs for 2 hours. Carefully open the corner of the sealed foil and pull a small piece of meat off to ensure the ribs are tender. If not, bake another 20-30 minutes and check again.
* Meanwhile, combine BBQ Rib Sauce ingredients together.
* Remove ribs and discard juices, onions & garlic. Brush ribs with olive oil and brush generously with BBQ sauce.
* Grill or broil over medium high heat 5-10 minutes or until charred.