- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten eggs and milk until well combined.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the all-purpose flour, garlic salt, black pepper, poultry seasoning, and paprika.
- Place the chicken pieces in the plastic bag. Seal the bag and shake well to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- Take the flour-coated chicken pieces and dip them into the egg-milk mixture, making sure they are well-coated.
- Dip the chicken back into the flour mixture for a second coating.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it reaches 365°F. Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil, browning them on all sides.
- Once browned, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook the chicken for another 30 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and drain excess oil by placing the pieces on paper towels.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Southern Fried Chicken!