Prepare your taste buds for a burst of summer with every slice of this Strawberry Bomb Cake! Combining the sweet tang of strawberries and the rich creaminess of mascarpone, this dessert is not just a treat for the palate but also a feast for the eyes. Perfect for gatherings or as a weekend treat, this cake promises to be the centerpiece of your table. Here’s how to whip up this delectable dessert:
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, plus one tablespoon extra
- 1-1/4 pounds mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups whipping cream (35%)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approximately 50 ladyfingers or Savoiardi
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds strawberries, washed, dried, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Begin by whisking together the strawberry jam, warm water, orange juice, and half of the Grand Marnier in a bowl. Aim for a liquid consistency. Once mixed, set this bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the mascarpone with the remaining Grand Marnier until smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream with sugar, vanilla extract, and the extra tablespoon of Grand Marnier until you achieve stiff peaks.
- Lighten the mascarpone by folding in a quarter of the whipped cream. Then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Be gentle to keep the mixture light and airy.
- Pour half of the jam mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, spreading it out evenly. It will be quite liquid, but that’s just right for soaking the ladyfingers.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of lemon zest over the jam mixture.
- Arrange the ladyfingers tightly across the bottom of the dish, breaking them as needed to ensure a snug fit.
- Layer with half of the mascarpone mixture, followed by half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the layering with the remaining jam mixture, another tablespoon of lemon zest, a second layer of ladyfingers, the rest of the mascarpone, and finally, the remaining strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake for at least 12 hours to allow the flavors to meld and the ladyfingers to soften into the perfect texture.
This Strawberry Bomb Cake is a symphony of flavors and textures that come together to create a truly unforgettable dessert. The key to its success is patience – give it time to set, and you’ll be rewarded with a dessert that’s both rich and refreshing. It’s a showstopper that’s sure to win hearts at any table.
Enjoy the process of making this delightful cake, and even more so, the pleasure of indulging in it