In the canteen, this salad sat proudly on the appetizer sideboard and made a wish with its colorful vegetables … while it tasted more like grimace soup! But since we do not like to dwell on a bad memory, we test the home recipe of chef Philippe Etchebest. And I promise, that’s really good!
Carbonara paste, cordon bleu, bechamel… On his YouTube channel, Chef Philippe Etchebest likes to share simple and delicious recipes that remind us often childhood memoriesas in his latest video:
We’re going to make a recipe that is a true text case: a vegetable salad, you know, the very bad salad we eat in the canteen. Well, we will make a good one, with fresh vegetables and a good mayonnaise.
So, ready to compensate for community food who marked your childhood?
Recipe: fresh mixed vegetables and homemade mayonnaise by Philippe Etchebest
Ingredients for 4 people
- 120 gr peas
- 2 potatoes
- 2 turnips
- 2 carrots
- 120 g green beans
- 4 sprigs of parsley
- 4 fresh tarragon branches
- Homemade mayonnaise
- Peel a squash, grate it and slice the vegetables. diced carrots and potatoes, sliced turnips and green beans on sticks.
- Heat a pan of salted water and soak the peas in it for a minute.
- Prepare a cream, namely water chicken ass with ice cubes.
- Add the peas to stop boiling and then reserve them in a bowl. Good to know: “Do not leave your vegetables too long in cold water, as this will remove the salt that has entered the inside of the vegetables”says the chef.
- Repeat the same action for beans, carrots, turnips and potatoes. Check cooking for taste: vegetables should be crispy until bitten.
- Put all the ingredients on a clean tea towel and pat dry gently to remove excess water.
- We collect them in a large bowl with minced parsley and tarragon.
- accomplish Mayonnaise Philippe Etchebest and mix it into the mass.
No more grimace soup!